Thursday, December 11, 2014

Love

 
 
 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
-I Corinthians 4-7

     On a recent trip to the city of brotherly love (Philadelphia) to visit with family that I haven't seen in a long time and to get some authentic Cheesesteak sandwiches, we stopped to take a pic with this all too famous sign.  As we braved the type of cold that Philly is also famous for (at least in my book), we were able to get some other nice tourists to capture this moment for us.  Although the original designer of this sculpture, Robert Indiana, did such an artistic notion by making this display, we have to give all honor and credit to HE who constructed the concept of LOVE in the first place.

    Many times we think of love as that "tingle-in-my-spine-and-butterflies-in-my-stomach" feeling that we get when we see that special someone that we are enamoured with, but love is more than that.  In God's definition, it involves more action than anything.  It involves sacrifices with the perfect example being that of Jesus' death on the cross for our sins.  Although, we can never display that type of love, we must strive daily to adhere to the definition of love that our father has given us.  With that, I do hope and pray that I am able to continue to love my husband in the way that our father would have me to.  I pray that I will love my Bonus daughter in the way that he will have me to.  I pray that I will display this love in my daily walk out in the world.  But the humbling thing is to know of the depth of love that he has for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Want It All

         I am sitting down to a moment of peace and quiet.  In front of me is a yellow package of my favorite cookies that my husband o...