Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Love Worth Waiting For


     There is the saying that "good things come to those that wait".  With most great things that I have experienced in my life, there was some waiting and preparation involved so that does not exclude the waiting process for Mr. Awesome to come into my life.  During my years as a single, there were so many times of uncertainty, frustration, and extreme disappointment.  I was fighting and fighting and fighting to understand love, but ended up bruised and confused. I felt that finding love just should not be that hard, because isn't that a quest that we are all after?  However, after much reflection, I am glad that I went through the period of waiting and preparation, because I ultimately learned to put some priorities in order which included loving God first and loving myself.  If Mr. Awesome and I had come into each others lives prior to when we did, then we would not have been as prepared for each other as we were.  I would not have been willing to love and respect him as a man needs to be respected and I would have let Miss Independent try to run the show (Yes, I was a hot mess at one point).

     It was during the time of living as a single and waiting on God's timing for a mate that I finally begin to learn what love was.  Although I studied the bible, someone introduced me to I Corinthians 13 and when I read it, I realized that what I thought was love being presented to me was not love at all.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails.


     Although it is only God who loves us perfectly, I learned that this was the template in which to know if it was true love that was being presented to me. . . . . . . . . So when Mr. Awesome stepped into the picture, I was blessed to recognize it for what it was.  It was truly a love worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Want It All

         I am sitting down to a moment of peace and quiet.  In front of me is a yellow package of my favorite cookies that my husband o...