Thursday, December 15, 2011

From 'Me' to 'We'

     Our vehicle was parked at the airport while we were on our honeymoon and the summer sun heated and melted some of the contents left inside, including the candles that we used to light the Unity candle at our wedding. Upon examining the candles in their newly wilted state, I couldn't help but laugh.  I found it amusing, but then realized how symbolic it was to be holding the two wilted candles while the Unity candle was not wilted and was standing strong.

    It made me think of the lyrics by Neyo, "I'm a movement by myself, but we're a force when we're together". This had me thinking of the process of transitioning from 'Me' to 'We' and all that I had learned and am still learning as we become a 'Force'.  I did not imagine how much of a force I would feel like until we said I DO, but I can only imagine how much stronger it gets from here.  However, I won't say that transitioning has been easy as my single self "wilts" in favor of the unity that we are building. Yet, the benefits have been great. Some of the biggest lessons that I have learned in this time have been:

   - Having Mr. Awesome in my life is worth the work that it is taking to make the transition 
     from 'Me' to 'We'.
   
  - Going from 'Me' to 'We' has shown me how selfishness has no place in Unity building.
  
  -Transitioning has taught me a valuable lesson in compromise.


     Transitioning has been very delightful as well as challenging, but I wouldn't want it any other way because we are building a force that has definitely been GREATER than my individual movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Want It All

         I am sitting down to a moment of peace and quiet.  In front of me is a yellow package of my favorite cookies that my husband o...