Saturday, March 23, 2019

Being Content In Our Seasons

   

      Before I married the love of my life, Mr. Awesome, I remember doing what most women I knew did.  I sat and fretted, and worried, and wondered when  I would meet my Mr. Right.  I would wonder if the stranger that I had just met in the grocery store would be the one. I would sit through a date wondering if it would become something more than just the dry chicken on the plate. I had accomplished so much as a single person and was able to do things that I liked such as travel and work a career that enabled me to help people and their health. I had been blessed with material things, health, the love of family and friends, unconquered time, and I was still focused on the one thing that I really wanted, a soul mate.  In fact, there were times that the yearning was so strong that it consumed me.  I would look at other women who seemed to be happy in a relationship and wonder why I couldn't get a decent guy.  "How am I suppose to become a wife, if I couldn't even be a girlfriend." I would ask myself.  At the time, I did not realize that I was not destined to be just a girlfriend, but a wife. After years of going through the waiting season of singleness, God matched Mr. Awesome & I in such a perfect way.  I am so thankful for our union, but looking back on my time of waiting, I often wonder why was I in such a state of discontentment.

     Like some of the single women that I  have had conversations with recently, their story is much of the same.  They are often in a rush to shed the 'single & fabulous' status like it is some type of disease.  I often say that as great as it is to be married, I wish that I would have enjoyed the positive aspects of my season of singleness during that time.  Despite what culture says and what we are taught as little girls, there is a beauty in every season of life and that includes the single season, married season, season with young children, season with older children, career season, etc. Many single ladies waste time waiting to be saved by Prince Charming that they forget to live their lives and their purpose. There is so much that one can do while waiting on God to give their heart's desire, whether single or married. Just because we are waiting, doesn't mean that we have to sit with idle hands.  One thing that I can say is even after being married, waiting seasons don't stop.  As many know, we went through a season of waiting before babies came along and now I am missing my season of sleep.  No matter what season we find ourselves in, there is something special about being content where we are and enjoying the benefits of each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Want It All

         I am sitting down to a moment of peace and quiet.  In front of me is a yellow package of my favorite cookies that my husband o...